Monday, November 8, 2010

Beachbody and Us

For my husband's 36th birthday I bought him the P90X workout program.  He is a former Marine, like many he is "not as lean, not as mean, but still a Marine".    We had seen the P90X infomercial many times and they say it is amazing, but they always say that on infomercials, so I was skeptical.  Basically, it seems to say it will get you ripped in 90 days, as long as you are willing to do the work. The wonderful man invited me to try the program with him. 
We are starting week four today.  So far I can say that we got our money's worth.  There are twelve DVDs, each about an hour long, a detailed nutrition plan and a detailed workout book.  The system has lots of room for personalization.  I am doing the "Lean" version, and my man is doing "Classic" but considering changing to "Doubles".  All versions require at least one hour a day, six days a week, of intense workouts.  We are on a strict low carb, high protein diet right now, but next week we will be going to the more balanced "Phase 2".  After week two we couldn't really see results.  Absolutely no weight loss so far, but we have now finished week three and starting to see new muscle tone.  We are optimistic that progress is inevitable.
P90X, I learned is one of many programs offered by Beachbody®.  After perusing http://www.beachbody.com/ I have decided that P90X is not what I would have chosen for myself, but I intend to continue to give it my best.  I have joined Team Beachbody®, and am impressed with the motivational support that is provides.
I hope to find time to share our progress, and setbacks, and hopefully inspire you to get out and do something healthy for yourself.  : )   
It turns out that you can actually sell their products, and get commissions and discounts.  I recently started my own Team Beachbody® Coach business.  I intend to tell it to you straight, but you should know that I do get paid if someone buys product through me.  You can support me by checking it out for yourself.  http://beachbodycoach.com/ElizabethOak or http://myshakeology.com/ElizabethOak

No comments:

Post a Comment