Friday, January 28, 2011

P90X Round 1 Complete!

I finished 90 Days of P90X!  It's the most intense routine I've Ever Done!  It was 13 weeks of Cardio, Plyometrics, Core, Yoga, and of course, Strength Focus.  We worked out 6 days a week and sometimes 7.  There were difficult times, when we missed days, but overall we only got about a week behind schedule and did all the exercises.  I started out doing the 'Lean' Program and my Husband did 'Classic'. About half way through I intensified my 'Lean' schedule by doing Plyometrics instead of the Cardio X Video.
RESULTS:
Most of my results have come by gains in strength, and knowledge of strength.
I have learned a good system for muscles building, and I have learned how far I am able to push myself to get results.  I began strength training using no weights, 2, 5, and 8 pound weights.  I still use my low weights for 'Pilates' type moves but I am now regularly using 8, 10, and 15 lb weights, and sometimes I try to go higher but can only get a couple reps in with the 20 pounders.
I have also gained quite a bit of flexibility.  Yoga poses have become more and more familiar and comfortable for my body, but I have a long way to basic mastery.  The clearest change has been in my seated toe touch (or hamstring stretch)... Before Day 1 my fingertips were 3 inches from my toes, Now I can easily reach past my toes about 5 inches!  I attribute this to the good warm up and cool down stretches in every dvd, and also to the two days a week of stretch and yoga that are included in the P90X program.
I have not lost any weight, but I am certain that all the pounds of fat I've lost have been replaced by muscle.  I was not able to calculate my body fat percentage until we were already 2 months into the program, and I regret it.
I feel that I have also made gains in cardiovascular health, but my equipment is not very accurate.  According to my $12 heart monitor, my resting heart rate has gone down from 62 to 58 bpm, and I definitely feel more comfortable during cardio workouts.
I'm excited to do my 'after photos', but I haven't had the time just yet.  I think the big changes that you will see will be tone in my legs, arms and shoulders.  Since I carried my daughter in my stomach for 9 months, I'm not surprised to find that my tummy fat has been very stubborn.  My tummy has slimmed down considerably but I was really hoping for a six-pack.
It is very important to note that I didn't just get physical results.  I feel more confident and comfortable in my own body.  I know what I need to do to make gains in my fitness level, and I know that I am capable of so much more than I ever thought!  I would recommend this program to anyone willing to strive for their own greater potential.
WHAT NOW?
Before I started I thought it would be 90 days and then done,  but now I Know that getting fit is ongoing and I  intend to begin the Insanity program (also available from Team Beachbody), or another round of P90X, or perhaps I'll do a little of both........To be Continued........
SPECIAL THANKS TO :  My Wonderful Husband and Daughter, My Supportive Friends, and of Course Team Beachbody and Tony Horton.

No comments:

Post a Comment